Truck rental FAQs
When it comes to moving truck hire, the process should be quick, easy, and stress-free. Here are a couple of common questions our clients ask the Abel team.
If your question about how to rent a truck wasn’t answered below, visit our FAQs page or get in touch today.
Can I rent a truck with a normal car licence?
Price is always a top priority – we get it. That’s why we make it easy to secure the best possible price when you rent a truck. Simply book online right here on our website by filling out the Instant Quote and Book form at the top of this page.
Just keep in mind that truck rental pricing is a lot like airline pricing – if you travel during an off-peak time or make your reservation in advance, you’re more likely to land a better deal. So, if you already know when you’ll need a truck, we suggest booking ASAP.
Finally, keep up with the latest VIP deals and discounts by subscribing to our newsletter and following us on our Facebook page.
Can I rent a truck with a normal car licence?
Yes. That’s the beauty of our moving truck hire service – anyone over the age of 25 with a regular open drivers’ licence and a credit card can rent and drive our vehicles. What’s more, our trucks are automatic.
I’m driving a truck for the first time. Is there anything I need to know?
Driving a truck for the first time can be a little daunting, even for an experienced driver. Here are a few tips to follow to ensure your truck rental experience runs as smoothly as possible:
- Give yourself time to get used to the truck. Drive around for a few blocks to get a feel for how it handles on the road.
- Break early and often. Remember, trucks are larger and heavier than cars. They need a little extra time to come to a stop.
- Avoid cramming as much as you can into the truck and hoping for the best. As you drive, objects can move out of place and break. Save yourself the heartache and take the time to secure your items properly.
- Drive below the maximum speed limit to give yourself more time to make adjustments on the road.
- Give yourself ample room to turn.
- Use your side mirrors as most moving truck hire vehicles don’t have central rear-view mirrors. Take note of any blind spots, and be sure to check these, too.
- Remember that your truck is probably significantly taller than a standard car. Know the precise height of your truck, and keep this in mind when driving under bridges, overpasses, and garages.
How can I learn more about Abel’s rental agreement?
If you’d like to dive into the nitty-gritty of our rental agreement, you can check out the full document here. If you have any specific questions, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with our friendly team.
Secure your moving truck hire quote today
Looking for a truck rental service you can actually rely on? No worries.
Secure an instant quote and book online using our streamlined reservation process today by filling out the ‘Instant Quote and Book’ form at the top of this page.
For almost half a century, Abel has been able to provide reliable utility vehicles for hire. Since different jobs require different utes, we provide moving type and other work trucks in a variety of sizes.
Over the years, our customers have posed many questions. While we invite you to check out our entire website, we also want to provide convenient answers to commonly asked questions here.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Moving Truck Cost?
The cost of hiring a moving truck varies depending on the size of the vehicle, length of hire, and other factors. We also provide substantial discounts for hires on Sundays and all weekdays excluding Friday.
Also, save when you book online.
What you can count on, however, is that when you rent a truck from Abel, you will pay less for that rental than you would for a comparable truck from one of our competitors.
In fact, if you find a better deal between the time that you reserve and hire your ute, Abel will match or even beat the price.
Your total bill from Abel will include:
- No hidden fees or charges
- The daily/weekly/monthly charge
- Distance charge with the first 100 kilometres incurring no cost to you
- A $500 rental bond collected on the day of vehicle pickup and reimbursed if ute gets returned with no issues
How much is it to rent a truck for a day?
For daily rental, you can hire a four-tonne truck capable of hauling the equivalent of a two- or three-bedroom apartment’s worth of goods. When booked online for short term rental, it will cost $145 per day between Sunday and Thursday and $245 on Saturday and Sunday.
Ask about our full range of trucks and cars available for hire.
How much is rent a truck?
Longer hires will result in further discounts. If you require a ute rental as part of a long term job, call us today at 1300 13 14 29 to discuss a quote. We strive to provide the best quality trucks at the lowest prices in Brisbane.
Reach out today to learn more about the benefits of working with Abel.
What Else Should I Know About Truck Rentals From Abel?
Abel’s service to customers does not stop with hiring out top quality vehicles. We also provide accessories that will help your move or job task go more smoothly.
Don’t forget that when you rent a ute from us long term for work purposes, it may make you eligible for a tax break. Inquire for more details.
At Abel, our mission is to provide the best possible vehicular support for you. Whether you need it for a day to perform a move, or longer to work a job, Abel can help.